Working as an SEO resource across one or more of our brands, the SEO Specialist is responsible for development and implementation of primarily on-site SEO best practice and consulting on off-site SEO best practice whilst supporting the content team to ensure all website content is optimised for maximum organic search visibility.
Collaborating with all teams within the Brands department, the SEO Specialist will have an advanced understanding of technical SEO and effectively use analysis and judgement to make complex decisions and clearly present these to senior stakeholders.
The SEO Specialist will play a key role in developing innovative and world-class SEO strategies through R&D and testing, staying up to date with industry changes to ensure our sites are ahead of the competition.
The role will also require a good understanding of data, how to collate and analyse it, with the ability to run data projects spanning all areas of SEO and online publishing.
What we're offering you
- Hybrid working (2 days per week remote)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of room for growth and stretch assignments
- Life Assurance to protect your loved ones
- Benefits allowance for health, dental and vision coverage
- Defined Contribution Pension and salary sacrifice scheme
- Be Well: Our award winning wellbeing and mental health programme to support all MVFers and their families
- Family Forward support for our MVF parents and their mini-mes
- Free breakfast when in the office
- Contribute to and deliver the SEO team’s on-site SEO strategy
- Refine SEO best practice through R&D and testing of new initiatives and by keeping up to date with industry changes
- Surface SEO opportunities and communicate the impact of these to the team and wider department to assist with strategic planning
- Conduct Technical SEO audits to ensure best SEO practice is applied to the website
- Support technical SEO projects as well as Engineering and Tech teams on platform functionality testing
- Coordinate cross-functionally and consult on SEO best practice to all teams within the Publishing department
- Run SEO processes and provide input into improving efficiencies and effectiveness
- Present key information on website performance, SEO projects and the SEO landscape to senior stakeholders and the wider team
- Analyse competitors and evaluate strategies to determine strengths and weaknesses
- Work on M&A projects - analysing targets on technical SEO
- Deliver data analysis to provide insights that drive actionable outcomes and site diagnostic support through investigative analysis
The Brands team is responsible for growing the organic traffic of brands such as The Eco Experts, Expert Market, Startups, Tech.co and Website Builder Expert.
The department consists of:
Content team - responsible for creating and delivering a high-quality content strategy that meets organic traffic and conversion targets, and delivers a trusted and unique brand experience.
Audience team - responsible for delivering audience development strategies that grow the reach and visibility of MVF’s brands. The team comprises SEO and Campaigns (link acquisition) teams.
The Insight team - responsible for conducting in-depth research into key subject areas and target audiences, with the aim of building brand authority and trustworthiness as well as key client relationships.
What Success Looks Like:
- Our websites are optimised to a high standard and are technically sound
- On-site SEO opportunities surfaced successfully improve organic search visibility
- A wide range of SEO initiatives or projects are being delivered on time
- New SEO initiatives are actively tested and reported on
- Team processes are developed and improved upon
- Competitors are analysed with strengths and weaknesses against the SERP landscape outlined
- Key stakeholders are up to date with key information on website performance, SEO projects and the impact expected as well as the SEO landscape and algorithm updates
- The team is routinely educated and kept up to date with industry developments and refined SEO best practices
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Passion to provide our users with the best possible search experience
- Passion in SEO, digital marketing
- Passion in website technology and performance
- Analytical and problem-solving attitude
- Experienced user of WordPress CMS and HTML
- Proactive and independent approach to working life
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Motivation to be world-class in their field